-
November 2nd, 2002, 02:16 AM
#11
Inactive Member
so are we assuming that Wal-Mart uses Dwayne's photo lab for processing?
and if that's the case, do people here like Dwayne's? I KNOW Kodak would be optimal, but I'm not looking for perfection right now, just developed film to test my camera
-
November 2nd, 2002, 05:13 AM
#12
Inactive Member
If you have some kodachrome without the processing mailer and plan to use it as a test, then Dwaynes is perfect. Yes Walmart uses Dwaynes.
Since Kodak now sells kodachrome with processing for a little more than 10 bucks with a student discount, using Dwaynes is not necessary...in my opinion.
Scott
-
November 2nd, 2002, 07:00 AM
#13
tfunch24
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Paul L.:
The difference is that the quality is NOT the same. People have been complaining here REPEATEDLY about lost or unprocessed film. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
So you are complaining about the quality of service rather than the quality of the film itself? The returned/unprocessed film is more Wal*Mart's fault than Dwayne's fault.
But then again, people have been complaining about how their Dwayne's-processed K40 is coming back dirty/scratchy...
The bottom line: if you've bought the "new" K40 w/processing included, send it to Kodak.
If you have "older" K40 w/o processing and are on a tight budget (or don't want to spend a lot of money), send it wherever you want. Just don't tell anybody here (or on the Shooting 8mm forum) or they'll scream at you.
Use Wal*Mart at your own risk.
Tom
-
November 2nd, 2002, 07:02 AM
#14
tfunch24
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Hanthx:
Since Kodak now sells kodachrome with processing for a little more than 10 bucks with a student discount, using Dwaynes is not necessary...in my opinion.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
How much is it w/o the student discount? I'm not going to go back to Temple to do graduate work just so I can get a discount on film [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Tom
-
November 2nd, 2002, 01:41 PM
#15
Inactive Member
ROGER POSTED:
"Anyone else had grain problems with K25? I'd think it would be superior to K40, actually, but that's clearly not what I'm seeing, though it still looks really good."
--------------------
K25 can yield some crisp colors when properly exposed, but I have yet to find ANY film stock that is superior to K40. K25 runs a close second with me but K40 is still #1.
-
November 2nd, 2002, 02:29 PM
#16
Inactive Member
K40 is good but, logically, the slower the film the finer the grain. K25 SHOULD have tighter grain than K40 or, at the very least, it should be no worse. I feel the grain on my DS8 footage was grainier than normal K40 super 8.
Roger
-
November 2nd, 2002, 08:28 PM
#17
Inactive Member
Kodachrome (with processing) from Kodak costs between 13-14 bucks without the discount. With a school id around 10 bucks - 20%, 22% if you pay in cash.
Scott
-
November 3rd, 2002, 01:03 AM
#18
Inactive Member
I don't see an option for kodak processing with super 8 films anywhere on their site. How does everyone seem to know about this deal? That would be a good deal I think
Mike
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks